11/1/11

Thankfulness

It's the first day in November today. 


I'm gonna post something I'm thankful for on each day this month.


1.I am thankful for my church family. I don't know where I would be without their love and guidance throughout my life. To have mentors such as Miss. Suzanne, Lorette, Shawnie, Mrs. Baker, Mrs. Bixler, and many more <3
2. I am thankful for my families. Not only my biological family, but the families who have taken me in through the years. People like Skyler Thompson, and Dee-dee, The Gottas. Cherilyn Gotta, Christina, Dianna, Mel and Mike. The Kaisers. Stacie Kaiser, and Mr. & Mrs. Kaiser. And of course Mike and Jessie Romanoff. 
3. As many people dislike the seasons changing, I embrace every one. Had we not have winter, we could not enjoy spring as much. Had we not have the beautiful summer, we would not be able to enjoy the wonderful change of leaves into fall. I am thankful for every season, and all the different weather, outfits, and emotions each one brings.
4. When you think of a job, you think of tedious boring work, that you get paid minimum wage that you have to do, and at the end of the day, it's your job. Nothing important. But I am BEYOND blessed to have a wonderful job during the summer time. In fact it's not a "job" to me. I am just getting paid to do what I LOVE. I am so thankful for Blue Mountain Christian Retreat, and for all the people I've met there. I got to grow up there thanks to my mom-mom who would bring my sister and I every summer for a week. Working there, I've met people who will be in my life forever. BMCR is a second home for me. The people there are my family, and the kids I get to teach? Pshhh, they also mean the world to me. I love my Jr. Highers beyond words, and the impact that they have in my life is beyond what they can ever imagine. I love the place, my job, the atmosphere, my "family" there, and my very special JR. Highers who have blessed me. Like I said... I am VERY thankful for all that I get to experience in the summers.
5. My friends are unbeatable. Through the years, the ones who have been there for me, through the ups and the downs, the good and bad, and always giving me tough love when I needed it. Special people like Katie Bradley, Alli Williams, Korinne Baker, and Teddi Hermes. Of course there are the others who I havent known as long as these ladies, but people who have made me smile when all i wanted to do was cry. I am thankful for Amber, Dom, April, Julia, Stacie W. and Stacie K. 
6. I've been in college for 3 1/2 years now. And I've been in an organization called The Association of Campus Events (ACE). We are a board of students who put together trips, shows, games, and activities for other students on campus to participate in. We've done things like NYC broadway show excursions, comedians, salsa dancing, jasons woods trip, build a bear, game shows, double dare, and many more. People come and go from the board, but I've been there since I've been here at school, and it's truly helped shape who I am. I've learned time management skills, leadership skills, I've learned how to listen to and follow rules, I've learned how to work together with a team of people. I am so thankful for what this organization has given me, and the friends and qualities that I've gained through my experience. 
7. I am thankful for the opportunity and privilege to attend College. 
Day 8. I am thankful for living in the United States. If you think about other countries and how impoverished they are, you should feel thankful too. Did you know that the world creates enough food for every person on the planet to have at least 3-4,000 calories a day? We are so lucky and blessed to have what we have. Freedom of religion, of speech, houses, education, and CLEAN water. 
Day 9. I am thankful for flowers. they make the world more beautiful. I actually bought Stacie, Stacey and myself some tonight. :)


"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."--Oprah Winfrey

1 comment: