9/29/11

My Love Language

I've been reading a book called "The Five Love Languages- Singles Edition". It's been very eye opening for me on the topic of relationships and love. I've read the quote before, "Just because somebody doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with everything they got". After reading this book-this quote really makes sense to me. There are 5 primary love languages, and everyone has a love language. Each one is unique and different. When I read this book, I realized why some of my relationships didn't work out in the past. Just like the quote says, even though I was loving that person with everything I had inside of me, they didn't feel that love, because I was most likely showing them my love through my primary love language and not theirs. My boyfriends and I would argue about things all the time like this. One guy would call me all the time and I feel like he always needed to talk to me 24/7 but I am very independent and found that slightly annoying. It wasn't his fault. It wasn't my fault. His love language must of been words of affirmation, while mine are quality time and acts of service. Right there was our problem with getting along, we had different love languages, and didn't know how to show each other the correct love language that we were both craving.That's why it's essential to not only know your love language, but to learn and know the love language of those around you, especially your partner. I took this test online to make sure of my primary love language. I just so happen to have two. Here are my results and what they mean:
2Words of Affirmation
9Quality Time
7Receiving Gifts
9Acts of Service
3Physical Touch


Quality Time
In Quality Time, nothing says “I love you” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes you feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed activities, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful.
Acts of Service
Can vacuuming the floors really be an expression of love? Absolutely! Anything you do to ease the burden of responsibilities weighing on an “Acts of Service” person will speak volumes. The words he or she most want to hear: “Let me do that for you.” Laziness, broken commitments, and making more work for them tell speakers of this language their feelings don’t matter.
Maybe you don't feel appreciated. It's possible that your someone special never shows you affection the way that you want it. I advise that you take this test. Read the book. Perhaps you will also come to a point where you realize why past relationships didn't work, and how to improve your current or future relationships. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment